PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. In addition, you are not permitted to use our Services if you do not meet the minimum age requirement applicable to our Services in your jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 13 (or under the age of 16 in certain jurisdictions, such as EU member countries) we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible and terminate the child’s account unless we receive verifiable parental consent.
California law requires us to disclose certain information related to our privacy practices, as set forth below.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The table below identifies the categories of personal information we have collected over the preceding 12-month period, as well as examples in each category. For more information about the personal information we collect, please see PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT section above.
Examples of personal information in this Category
Name, email address, billing address, shipping address, phone number
Internet protocol (IP) address, billing address, shipping address
Internet or other electronic network activity information
IP address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences
Financial, medical, or health information
Payment information, such as credit card number
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Recordings of customer support calls
Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories
Inferences about the type of products you prefer; demographic and psychographic inferences
The sources of the personal information we collect above include personal information that you directly provide to us (through the Services), personal information we receive from third party partners (for example, certain marketing, research or survey partners), and personal information that we generate internally.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please see Section “HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?” above.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
Please see Section “SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” above for information on the personal information we share with third parties. In the last 12 months, we have disclosed all of the categories of personal information described in PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT Section above for business purposes. For example, we may share your IP address with service providers that provide crash monitoring and site optimization services to us. California residents have the right to opt out of our disclosures of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for valuable consideration. What is covered as a “sale” under California law is not yet clear, but we currently do not “sell” your information as we understand it.
- YOUR RIGHTS
As a resident of California, you have certain rights, such as:
- Right to access personal information. You may be entitled to receive the specific pieces of your personal information we have collected in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to data portability. You may be entitled to receive a copy of your electronic personal information in a readily-usable format.
- Right to know. You may be entitled to receive information regarding the categories of personal information we collected, the sources from which we collected personal information, the purposes for which we collected and shared personal information, the categories of personal information that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, and the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to deletion. You may be entitled to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or as required to comply with applicable law.
- Right to opt-out of certain sharing with third parties. You may be entitled to direct us to stop disclosing your personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. What is covered as a “sale” under California law is not yet clear, but we currently do not “sell” your information as we understand it.
You may freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services. If you are a California resident and would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that California law requires us to verify the requests we receive from you when you exercise certain of the rights listed above. We (or third parties we engage to assist us) may ask you to provide certain information to us in order for us to verify the request.
In addition to these rights, pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who share personal information with us have the right to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you would like to exercise this right, please use the contact information listed in this section to contact us.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 3/18/2020